1 hr 20 mins
Pommes des Vendangeurs, this divine and very rich potato delicacy is from The Simply French cookbook by Patricia Wells. We often make this dish for Christmas Eve dinner to accompany the roast beef. Perfect holiday food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" round baking pan.
- 3Arrange the bacon slices, spiral fashion, on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- 4Allow the bacon to drape over the edge and set aside.
- 5Peel the potatoes, rinse under cold running water, and pay dry.
- 6Slice into thin rounds, rinse again, and dry thoroughly in a thick towel.
- 7Arrange one third of the potato slices on top of the bacon, and sprinkle with one third of the cheese.
- 8Repeat, creating two additional layers of potatoes and cheese.
- 9Fold the overhanging bacon onto the potatoes.
- 10Bake, uncovered, until the potatoes offer no resistance when pierced with a knife, 40-50 minutes.
- 11Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a rack.
- 12Let it rest, for 15 minutes, so the potatoes will unmold easily.
- 13Unmold the potatoes onto a warmed serving platter, season generously with freshly ground black pepper, and serve, cutting into wedges.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Bacon Potato Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 334.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g