1/1 Photo of Cheese and Bacon Loaf
This will make a lot of cheese topping if you want less just cut all ingredients in half and still and use the one loaf of bread sliced in half. Serving size is only estimated depending on the size of your slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large loaf French bread (unsliced and cut in half)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 cups finely grated cheddar cheese (I use half Jack cheese and half cheddar)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (can use a bit less)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs (uncooked)
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1Spread the cut sides of the bread with prepared mustard.
- 2In a bowl, mix together cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, crumbled bacon and onions.
- 3Divide the mixture in half and spread evenly on top of the mustard.
- 4Place the two halves on top of a baking sheet.
- 5Set oven to broil heat.
- 6Broil until lightly browned and puffed (about 5 minutes).
- 7Using a serrated knife, slice the bread into serving size pieces.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Bacon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 432.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g