Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This will make a lot of cheese topping if you want less just cut all ingredients in half and still and use the one loaf of bread sliced in half. Serving size is only estimated depending on the size of your slices.
- 1 large loaf French bread (unsliced and cut in half)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 cups finely grated cheddar cheese (I use half Jack cheese and half cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (can use a bit less)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs (uncooked)
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Spread the cut sides of the bread with prepared mustard.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, crumbled bacon and onions.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread evenly on top of the mustard.
- Place the two halves on top of a baking sheet.
- Set oven to broil heat.
- Broil until lightly browned and puffed (about 5 minutes).
- Using a serrated knife, slice the bread into serving size pieces.
- Serve warm.
we made this for breakfast one weekend and now my 18yr wants it everyday! DELICOUS! Thanks for posting this recipe.
Great!! I halved the recipe and made this for breakfast. I put the mixture on slices of bread and served them with some sliced tomato! Thanks Kitten!!
Wow! Cut this recipe down to 1/3 cause it's just me and the kids and I should have made more! I did use 6 slices of bacon and a whole egg (coudn't get 1/3 of 2 eggs worked out!) Used a small sourdough loaf. This is just so easy to do and tastes so great. Definitely make this one for 'the boys' next time they get together to watch a game...a keeper.