Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve these fresh from the oven with stew or hearty soup. Keep a few copies of the recipe handy if you serve them to company.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Mix well.
- Add yogurt all at once, stirring to moisten.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead 15 times until smooth.
- Pat out into an 8" square.
- Cut square in half, then cut each half into 6 rectangles.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.