Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cheap to make for brunch or lunch.
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 250 g bacon, rind removed
- 100 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon heaped grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 200c.
- Put the bacon slices in a baking dish 25x30cm.
- Cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Make a batter with the eggs and milk; add the parmesan cheese.
- Remove the bacon slices from the oven and place the sliced tomatoes over them.
- Pour over the batter.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheddar and cook for 45-50 minutes or until well risen and golden.
I made this for breakfast this am and my Mother loved it. Thanks for the recipe.