1/2 Photos of Cheese and Apple Scones
Mom is making this for Thanksgiving breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°; grease a baking sheet.
- 2In a bowl, mix the cheese and apples together.
- 3In another larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 4Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Add in buttermilk and mix together just until blended and moistened; fold in cheese-apple mixture.
- 6Place dough on a floured work surface and knead 10 times; with the palm of your hand, pat dough into a 9-inch circle, then cut into 8 wedges.
- 7Separate the wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9Cool slightly on wire rack and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Apple Scones
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 427.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g