Recipe by IOjaw
As anyone who cooks for one or two knows, it’s hard not to get stuck with leftovers. Since many of the meals I cook consist of portions too large for one sitting, I normally separate the remaining recipe into one and two person serving containers, and then freeze. Sometimes, such as when we are having a hectic day or perhaps just don’t feel like cooking from scratch, we combine two of the individual recipe portions to create a new recipe or take one of those retro cans of soup and combine it with one of the leftover portions of my own recipes. #NOTE:My recipe for Tuna Macaroni Casserole is included ...
- 1 (10 ounce) can minestrone soup (undiluted)
- 0.75 (10 ounce) can water (soup can)
2 cups leftover tuna macaroni casserole
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- fresh snipped parsley
- 1 lb macaroni and cheese mix (7 1/2 ounce)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 5 large cherry tomatoes (halved, then each half cut into thirds)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Reheat casserole in microwave oven for about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Combine soup and water in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add casserole and oregano.
- Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in soup bowl and top with parsley.
- NOTE: I didn’t realize hubby had used the bread earlier. I tried substituting crackers with the cream cheese and fish roe. It didn’t quite work; if possible, use baguette as the accompaniment.
- #Instructions for my Tuna Macaroni Casserole recipe.
- # Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- # Meanwhile, in a large pot on medium heat prepare macaroni. About five minutes prior to the pasta being done add the mixed vegetables and onion to the pasta water. When pasta is done, strain. Return the mixture to the pot. Mix in butter, packaged macaroni cheese powder, tuna, garlic, ginger, pepper, parsley, thyme, soy sauce, soup, and finally milk. Mix thoroughly.
- # Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Layer the top with the cheddar cheese. Arrange the tomatoes in any pattern desired. Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes.