Recipe by hellokitty
From the Cheerios website, this is a great recipe to try with the kids, as they will love the hands-on process of making these cute Jack O'Lanterns. Also a great decoration or food gift.
- 3 tablespoons butter (do not use spread or tub products) or 3 tablespoons margarine (do not use spread or tub products)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows or 32 large marshmallows
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄4 cup whole cashews
- raisins or assorted gumdrops or candy-coated chocolate decorative candies or licorice, as desired
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker white decorating icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and marshmallows in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in food colors.
- Stir in cereal until coated. Shape about 1/3 cup cereal mixture into ball. Press cashew in top center of ball for stem. Repeat with remaining cereal mixture and cashews. Let stand at least 15 minutes until firm.
- Decorate with raisins and candies as desired, using icing to make decorations stick.