Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
for rsc 5, this is simple to make and uses commonly found ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 leaves fresh sage, 2 whole for garnish,the rest chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup peas (thaw if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- non stick cooking spray
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- mix ground turkey,and the next 10 ingredients in a large bowl.
- meanwhile heat olive oil in a sautee pan.
- add onions, saute 3-5 minutes until softened.
- add zucchini and saute for a few minutes more, stirring.
- season with salt, pepper and add peas, saute for 1 minute, set aside to cool.
- put half of the turkey mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- spoon zucchini/pea mixture over, to cover.
- add remaining turkey mixture over, smoothing with a spatula.
- bake for 1 hour, until juices run clear.
- garnish with 2 sage leaves and extra dried cherries if desired.
- slice and serve.