Recipe by Karen=^..^=
If you like coconut and maraschino cherries, you're bound to love these delightful little cookies. They come out delicious and they make a pretty presentation.
Top Review by Ann in Iowa
These were good. They could have used just a little more flavoring. Maybe some of the juice out of the cherries or something. Still, very good and we enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup of drained maraschino cherry, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and almond extract and mix well.
- Combine flour, soda, powder and salt and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut and cherries, this will take a bit because the dough is very stiff.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased or non stick cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on racks.