Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry Quick and easy, this dessert tastes as wonderful as it looks! It features flaky pastry, a creamy cherry filling and a rich chocolate ganache flavored with A.1. Original Sauce! It will wow all who taste it!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Bake puff pastry shells at 425 degrees F. for 18 minutes according to package directions. Use a fork to remove the top halves and soft pastry underneath. Allow to cool.
- Bring 1 cup heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in A.1. Origianal Sauce and chocolate chips. Stir until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream in a medium bowl. Beat on high speed. Once cream begins to thicken, add cherry juice, vanilla and sugar. Continue to whip until cream is thick and stiff. Fold in Maraschino cherries.
- To assemble, spoon cream mixture onto pastry shell bottoms. Place pastry tops over cream. Drizzle with the A.1. ganache. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What a wonderful recipe!!! A must try and 5 stars for sure!