Recipe by meltedcountry
Once I tried these, I just had to track down the recipe! They are so different, and DELISH!
- 6 tablespoons hard margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa, sifted if lumpy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherries cherry syrup
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine and cocoa in a medium saucepan on medium-low until melted.
- Add granulated sugar and first amount of eggs. Stir. Add flour and salt. Stir. Spread in greased 9 by 9-inch pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, cherry syrup and icing sugar together in medium bowl until smooth. Beat in remaining egg. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries. Pour over cocoa mixture.
- Bake in 350F oven for 35 to 40 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out moist but not wet with batter. Do not overbake. Cool. Cut into squares. ENJOY!