Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Betty Crocker!
Make and share this Cheery Cherry Blueberry Coffee Cake With Orange Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, or
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed and very well drained)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the CAKE:.
- Heat oven to 350Â°F Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs and yogurt until mixed. Stir in remaining coffee cake ingredients through the dried cherries. Stir very gently to keep batter from turning blue (I have yet to master this).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the GLAZE:.
- In small bowl, stir the last three ingredients (powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla) until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over coffee cake.