Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a yummy chocolately alternative to Rice Krispies Treats, plus they have a bit more nutritional value :)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- Heat the corn syrup in a large saucepan until boiling and remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until melted.
- Add Cheerios and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into a buttered 8 inch square pan.
- Cool completely and slice into 2 inch squares.
These were very easy to make. The kids enjoyed them. A nice snack. And I didn't feel guilty feeding it to them, like some snacks. I love these 4 ingredient recipes!
I have a 3 1/2 & 5 year old. They both liked this yummy treat. They had alot of fun making it with me too. What's even better is it's good for them nutriously.
These were yummy, and kid-friendly too. My 4-year-old "helped" and we had a good time eating and making these together. They definitely are more nutritious with the heart-healthy cheerios! Thanks for posting this recipe.