Source: Betty Crocker
Make and share this Cheerios Banana Raisin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Place cereal in food-storage plastic bag; slightly crush with rolling pin to make 1 1/2 cups.
- In large bowl, mix cereal, flours, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand about 2 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Serve warm if desired.