1/2 Photos of Cheerio Christmas Trees
A creative take on a classic marshmallow treat. As a kid, I loved to help my mom make and decorate them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Add marshmallows.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in food color and vanilla.
- 5Fold in cereal until evenly coated.
- 6Quickly shape warm cereal mixture into Christmas tree shapes (about 2/3 cup per tree) on waxed paper, using buttered hands.
- 7Cut gumdrops into thins slice.
- 8Press gumdrop slices sticky side onto trees for "ornaments".
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheerio Christmas Trees
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g