Recipe by Stephanie Z.
A creative take on a classic marshmallow treat. As a kid, I loved to help my mom make and decorate them.
Top Review by Baking Bunny
Unfortunately, these didn't turn out as great as I was hoping. They were super cute, but the taste was lacking and my kids refused to eat them (which is a big shocker in my house!). If I were to attempt again I would suggest making regular rice crispy bars and tinting them green and using the spice drops as decoration.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packageregular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan.
- Add marshmallows.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in food color and vanilla.
- Fold in cereal until evenly coated.
- Quickly shape warm cereal mixture into Christmas tree shapes (about 2/3 cup per tree) on waxed paper, using buttered hands.
- Cut gumdrops into thins slice.
- Press gumdrop slices sticky side onto trees for "ornaments".