A creative take on a classic marshmallow treat. As a kid, I loved to help my mom make and decorate them.
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan.
- Add marshmallows.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in food color and vanilla.
- Fold in cereal until evenly coated.
- Quickly shape warm cereal mixture into Christmas tree shapes (about 2/3 cup per tree) on waxed paper, using buttered hands.
- Cut gumdrops into thins slice.
- Press gumdrop slices sticky side onto trees for "ornaments".