Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I did not have any extra bread/ crumbs or corn flakes, but wanted some fried chicken and cheerios sounded like it would work. I crushed them in a plastic bag and rolled a bowl over them. when I made them I used 2 eggs but that seemed to be to much and I had left over egg mix so I only put one on here if that isn't enough I would suggest a little milk to thin it out. when I made my dry cheerio mix I just tossed in spices these are just guesses. feel free to improve and change to your taste. Hope you have fun with it! (by the way It is really lemony but that is how I like my chicken if you don't like the lemon only use half of the lemon for it's juice)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed toasted plain Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Heat frying pan med heat with about half an inch to 1 inch or evoo (or whatever kind of oil you would like).
- Mix first 5 ingredients in pie tin, shallow bowl or plate. Put that aside.
- In a small bowl mix beaten egg with lemon juice and zest.
- coat chicken In egg mixture then bread with cheerio mix (repeat if desired until mixes are gone. I always bread twice).
- place chicken into frying pan with oil and cook on each side for about 6-7 mins or until golden.brown.