Recipe by superblondieno2
We have an abundance of cheerios at our house right now, so I had an urge to make something out of them. I found this recipe for muffins at Cheerios.com. very yummy! I didn't use the oil though because the muffins had all the applesauce in them. It still turned out good.
Top Review by Terri Newell
Delicious! I didn't have cheerios, but I wanted to use up some languishing boxes of cereal. I had some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, some Corn Pops, and some Reeses choc/pb cereal, which I combined to make two cups, then crushed. For applesauce, I used two single serving cups of strawberry-applesauce. Smelled great while baking, came out nice and tender, and so good! I'll probably never be able to duplicate the exact ratio and type of leftover cereals, but I will definitely keep this recipe close at hand.
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg product
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Crush cereal. In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.