MandMandB's Mommy's Note:
I had a lot of leftover Chicken Express fried chicken tenders tonight...and I needed a meal to use them all up. This was super easy, pretty fast, and really, really yummy! A great use for left over fried chicken, french fries, and cream gravy. This is not a traditional pot pie...but TRUST me!!! It is SOOOO good.
My Private Note
Pie or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken tenders, leftovers chopped
- 1 cup frozen carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup French fries, leftovers chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup country cream gravy, leftover
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or to taste)
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to biscuit cooking temperature Mine was 350 degrees.
- 2Heat butter in pretty large skillet on med temperature.
- 3Add chopped celery, french fries, carrots, and sweet peas.
- 4Saute until tender the potatos will be soft but that is ok, trust me.
- 5Add chicken and saute until heated through, I added more butter here -- that is a personal taste. You don't need to.
- 6At this point your oven should be ready to cook your biscuits so go ahead and cook those to ALMOST done -- explained later.
- 7Transfer the sauted mixture to a seperate bowl
- 8Add gravy and chicken soup to your hot skillet and heat till warm.
- 9now add your cream -- this is to taste. I like it really creamy and you need to make sure you have enough cream sauce -- so its up to you.
- 10Add some pepper and the thyme now and pour saute mixture back into your skillet.
- 11You can use whatever cooking dish you like for your pot pie, I used my 9 inch cast iron skillet -- one dish meal -- it really doesn't matter. Use what you have.
- 12Now, cover the top with biscuits and put in the oven. Heat until bubbly.
- 13I would guess it took about 7 or 8 minutes in the oven -- this is the reason the biscuits are not fully cooked already. But, soggy biscuits are gross so you want to make sure they are mostly done -- mine where barely golden on the egdges when I put them on the top of the pie and baked it. By the time the dish was bubbly the biscuits were golden and perfect.
- 14NOTE: the baking time is approximately it made me put something there and that is a total time for pre-baking your biscuits before you put them on the pie and finish the baking. Your cooking time may be different.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheerful's Easy Leftover Fried Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 980.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
country cream gravy