Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I tasted this delicious and different snack mix at a party a former neighbor hosted. She kindly shared the recipe with me, which came from her mother, Rose. It makes a great snack to serve on Sports Nights. Bugles are shaped liked small horns..like a cheerleader's megaphone.
- 7 cups Crispix cereal or 7 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups mixed nuts (heavy on macadamias, cashews, and pecans)
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) bag Bugles original flavor snacks
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) bag goldfish crackers
Sauce(may need to double)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cereal, nuts, pretzels, Bugles, and Godfish crackers in a giant full size sheet cake pan or two 9x13" pans.
- Stir together the seasoning sauce and toss with the cereal mixture until coated.
- If you prefer more seasoning, mix up another batch and toss as much extra as you like (the neighbor who shared this said these are her mom's measurements, but she likes to add extra); when I made this, I also made a second batch and just poured 1 batch over each panful.
- Bake at 250 F stirring every 15 minutes, for a total of about 45 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool before serving.