Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not healthy but oh-so-good! Great pot luck dish.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (or more to taste)
- In a very large mixing bowl, mix sour cream and soup together.
- Add potatoes (be sure they are all separated before they are added to cream mixture).
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add in poppy seeds.
- Mix all together.
- Pour into 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Delicious! We loved these yummy cheesy potatoes. This recipe is so easy to make, and using the hash browns makes preparation quick, too. I made this as written except that I cooked the casserole about 45 minutes before adding the cheese on top because I was afraid that the cheese would burn. Yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**