Recipe by Karrie Massotti
Not healthy but oh-so-good! Great pot luck dish.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! We loved these yummy cheesy potatoes. This recipe is so easy to make, and using the hash browns makes preparation quick, too. I made this as written except that I cooked the casserole about 45 minutes before adding the cheese on top because I was afraid that the cheese would burn. Yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large mixing bowl, mix sour cream and soup together.
- Add potatoes (be sure they are all separated before they are added to cream mixture).
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add in poppy seeds.
- Mix all together.
- Pour into 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.