Recipe by Che~Sara`
Cheesy YUMMY lasagna soup recipe given to me by Mary Christen at my Bridal Shower! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was a snap to put together. I left out the croutons and used elbow macaroni as I could not find mini lasagna noodles. It was delicious and we have lots of leftovers. Thank you for the recipe !
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta (mini-lasagna noodles)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups italian style croutons
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook, beef, onion and garlic in dutch oven over medium heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in water, diced tomatoes and tomato paste until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except croutons and cheese.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Set oven to broil.
- Pour hot soup into 6 oven-proof soup bowls or casseroles.
- Top each with 1/4 cup croutons.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil soup with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.