Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Cheesy YUMMY lasagna soup recipe given to me by Mary Christen at my Bridal Shower! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta (mini-lasagna noodles)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups italian style croutons
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook, beef, onion and garlic in dutch oven over medium heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in water, diced tomatoes and tomato paste until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except croutons and cheese.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Set oven to broil.
- Pour hot soup into 6 oven-proof soup bowls or casseroles.
- Top each with 1/4 cup croutons.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil soup with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was a snap to put together. I left out the croutons and used elbow macaroni as I could not find mini lasagna noodles. It was delicious and we have lots of leftovers. Thank you for the recipe !
The whole family loved this soup. Although I'm not sure it's soup! It was very thick, more like goulash. I just used penne noodles and we didn't use the croutons as this is a texture issue with DH. I also added about 10 leaves of fresh basil and a bit of red wine. Will make again, very good.
This is sooo yummy! You get to enjoy the taste of lasagna without having to spend a bunch of time making it. I use regular lasagna noodles and either break them up or cook them first, then cut them into strips. I also add lotsss of cheese, that's my favorite part. My family loves this and my husband's friends! Thanks for sharing.