Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable butter
- 2 cups coarsely grated onions
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooked noodles (for serving) or cooked rice (for serving)
- In a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the portabello mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, 4-6 minutes until just cooked.
- Remove the mushrooms and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the veggie butter in the same sauté pan.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion-mushroom mixture.
- Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the mustard, sour cream, cognac, and paprika.
- Return the portabello mushrooms to the pan.
- Mix and serve.
This is deeelish!!
Delicious! I stuck the onion in the food processor. I didn't have any cognac so I just omitted it. I also may add a little less broth next time. I served this over eggless ribbon noodles. So tasty!