My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable butter
- 2 cups coarsely grated onions
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooked noodles (for serving) or cooked rice (for serving)
- 1In a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the portabello mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, 4-6 minutes until just cooked.
- 3Remove the mushrooms and drain on paper towels.
- 4Melt the veggie butter in the same sauté pan.
- 5Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle the flour over the onion-mushroom mixture.
- 7Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- 8Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 9Stir in the mustard, sour cream, cognac, and paprika.
- 10Return the portabello mushrooms to the pan.
- 11Mix and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chedy's Vegan Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan sour cream