Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious side dish.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix, thawed, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole or gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine soup, cheese and sour cream; mix well. Stir in bell pepper and thawed vegetables. Spoon into sprayed casserole.
- In small bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter; mix well. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and vegetables are crisp-tender.
WOW! Thank you very much for posting this. I have decided to force myself into eating veggies and looked for something I may like. I made this dish and found it very very good. I had 2 servings. :D I reduced the portions for 1 person as I live alone... But made sure to have left overs for lunch tomorrow. I also substituted the can of condensed cheddar cheese soup with cream of mushroom soup. I will make this again. It is a promise!!!! A+++ I`ve also shared the recipe.
This was a last minute addition to our Saturday evening supper. We chose this recipe because we wanted a really cheesy vegetable side dish. I did not have the red bell pepper but I substituted about 1/4 c. finely chopped onion. Our cheddar cheese crackers were called Cheez-it crackers.
I made this with carrot, peas, green bean mix because DH doesn't like caulifower & broccoli. We really liked it, although definitely not low-cal. Thanks for the recipe, I will make it again.