Recipe by BelovedRooster
This recipe hails from "Breaking the Food Seduction" by Neal Barnard, MD. It's high in protein, low in calories and dairy free!
Top Review by Denise P.
I used 4 small red potatoes and 10 baby carrots, a Vidalia onion. I omitted the onion powder, since there was about 2 cups of onion. I used my stick blender to only smooth out as much as I wanted, a little chucky potato was nice. Not sure we will make again, good flavor, just not special.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables and water in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer in small batches to a blender and puree (carefully!) until smooth.
- Reheat in a soup pot over medium high heat, stirring often, until hot.
- Do not boil.