Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This flavorful bread is ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix or 2 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture.
- Stir in eggs and milk just until combined.
- Fold in the zucchini, cheese and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges.