Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
When my youngest daughter was little, she refused to eat zucchini until my older daughter told her it was "zucumber", near relative of the cuke. It has been one of her favorites since then (we didn't tell her it was zucchini until she was in her teens!)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups thinly sliced fresh zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium skillet melt butter.
- Add zucchini, salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce.
- Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 the cheese; heat and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes in a preheated 375 oven.
Too much work for me and then my family didn't like it.