Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures magazine. They are absolutely delicious little biscuits. I hope you enjoy them.
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut up
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine zucchini and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a small bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Discard excess liquid. Place zucchini in strainer; press on zucchini to drain any additional liquid. Combine zucchini, cheese, green onions and 1 Tbsp of the flour in medium bowl.
- Whisk remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in medium bowl. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in zucchini mixture. Stir in milk just until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake 10- 13 minutes or until light brown on top and bottom. Serve warm.
Awesome. My husband died and went to heaven
This was excellent! I used yellow squash instead, but the results were amazing.
Enjoying them hot out of the oven now! These were easy to make and are very tasty. I added some dried thyme and basil to the zucchini cheddar mixture before adding to the flour - gave them a nice flavour. Like :)shirley(: I had to cook them ~5 minutes longer.