Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Woman's World magazine and my kids love it. It's also simple to put together.
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 package creamy cheddar pasta sauce mix
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Lighlty beat egg; stir in beef, crumbs, sugar, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, and garlic powder.
- Shape mix into 16 meatballs.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add meatballs and cook; turning until browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cover.
- Cook until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In pan over med-high heat, whisk sauce mix, half and half, 1/2 cup water and remaining chili powder and cumin.
- Add butter and cook stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in tomatoes.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce and meatballs.
Very enjoyable dish! Everyone at our table had 3rds :) Thank you for posting this fun meal.