Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are delicious. This recipe serves only 3-4 shells per person as a side dish, but I usually quaruple it and make it a one dish meal.
- 12 large pasta shells (make extra incase they break)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook shells according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, dry on paper towel.
- Place shells in a 9in square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together veggies and cheese.
- Stuff each shell with 1/4 cup of mixture.
- In a small bowl stir together melted butter and dill weed, brush over shells.
- Cover, bake for 20-25 mins or until heated through.
Awesome! An unique side dish that was impressive and delicious. I used mozzarella cheese, and the filling was enough for 16 jumbo shells. Thank you.
This was absolutely wonderful!! I quadrupled the recipe to make it as a main dish. My boyfriend had four helpings and loved every bite. I added tuna to the mix-ins and the flavor was amazing! I also melted more butter and brushed it on the shells right before serving. Thank you so much for the recipe! I will be making it again soon.
Good idea! I scaled the recipe down to 6 pasta shells, used frozen peas, corn and fresh carrots, which I cooked a few minutes. The flavors were nice. I thought the shells dried out a little while baking, and maybe baked with a little tomato sauce or even water would help that. Thanks!