Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking loved the versatility, you can cook on the stove or grill, and even as a meatloaf!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well, form into 6 equal sized patties.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook the patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and no pink remains serve immediately.
what wonderful flavour this burger has, one of the best turkey burges we've had. It is the cheese that makes it sooo tasty!! I used white sharp cheddar cus that was what i had in and added some snipped fresh chives from the garden to the mix. After browning them, placed a slice of tomato on top and sliced cheese; put it under the broiler to melt the cheese, :yummy: :yummy: added some lettuce when served. Thanks for posting i will make these again.
What a shame that no one has rated this recipe since you posted. I had to change my husband's diet to low salt and low fat, so I can't make beef burgers that we love so much. My first attempt at turkey burgers was a hit! Also put some crunchy romaine lettuce and tomatoes on the burger and they were full of flavor and juicy.