Recipe by ltltreehugger
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. These tots make a wonderful appetizer at any party. They are quick and easy to make and the cheddar cheese adds great flavor.
- 1 (1 lb) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3⁄4 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place one bag of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns in a large bowl and defrost in a microwave. stir the potatoes once every minute so that the potatoes thaw evenly. Remove the potatoes from the microwave once they are thawed. Add the cheddar cheese, corn starch, and sea salt. Combine the mixture thoroughly with a fork.
- Generously spray a 17 ½ x 13 inches cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- Roll the potato mixture with your hands and form small 1 inch logs. Place the logs onto the cookie sheet and repeat until all of the potatoes are gone. Spray the tops of the tater tots with cooking oil and then place in the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove cookie sheet, and flip over all of the tater tots. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.