Recipe by Lenny Leonard
This is something my mother makes for Christmas brunch every year. Everyone loves it, even the kids. I made her give me the recipe so that I could have it more than once a year. Cooking time may vary a bit.
Top Review by Kelbertuna
I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I have never done eggs in the oven before... I will never do them on the stove again. I made this 2 days in a row. It's so easy & SO good. I made a few additions that you MUST try. Instead of bacon I cooked up our local grocery stores fresh poultry breakfast sausage. Veggies I added were frozen asparagus, sweet peppers, onion, fresh mushrooms & jalapeno. As well as the cheddar, I had some goat cheese & added that.... OMG. WINNER!! It made it so creamy. YUM. Take my advice. This is a delicious & hearty breakfast.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook bacon until crisp, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Saute onions in drippings.
- Add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on flour and salt, toss lightly to coat.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Add vegetable mixture, 1 cup cheddar and chopped bacon.
- Mix together.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 x 2 (2 quart) pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes so cheese melts.