Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is something my mother makes for Christmas brunch every year. Everyone loves it, even the kids. I made her give me the recipe so that I could have it more than once a year. Cooking time may vary a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook bacon until crisp, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Saute onions in drippings.
- Add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on flour and salt, toss lightly to coat.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Add vegetable mixture, 1 cup cheddar and chopped bacon.
- Mix together.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 x 2 (2 quart) pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes so cheese melts.
I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I have never done eggs in the oven before... I will never do them on the stove again. I made this 2 days in a row. It's so easy & SO good. I made a few additions that you MUST try. Instead of bacon I cooked up our local grocery stores fresh poultry breakfast sausage. Veggies I added were frozen asparagus, sweet peppers, onion, fresh mushrooms & jalapeno. As well as the cheddar, I had some goat cheese & added that.... OMG. WINNER!! It made it so creamy. YUM. Take my advice. This is a delicious & hearty breakfast.
Lenny we enjoyed this very much. The combination and amounts were perfect. thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2007
This was a good omelette but a little to salty for me but everyone else said it wasn't to salty for them. I used low sodium bacon and only 1/2 teaspoon salt because I thought the bacon would add enough salt. next time I think I will leave the salt out. Thanks Lenny Leonard. Bullwinkle.