Top Review by kke
I made this last night. It was devoured by adults and middle school aged kids. I was pleasantly surprised at how much the kids enjoyed it. I used Rotel (original) in place of plain tomatoes. I used vermont white cheddar for the cheese. Served it with bread and cooked shrimp. Absolutely delicious!! So easy to prepare. The butter and tomato saute smelled wonderful. Overall a great recipe. Will definitely make it again.
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped drained canned tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (3 cups)
- cubes French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tomatoes and garlic in butter in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together wine and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir into tomatoes and simmer gently, stirring, 1 minute.
- Discard garlic.
- Add Cheddar by handfuls, stirring until completely melted.
- Serve in a fondue pot set over a flame.