Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spicy, bite-size pies warm from the oven.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface into about a 12 inch circle.
- With a round 3" cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Using a muffin pan with cups 1 3/4" in diameter, press each circle into the bottom and sides of the muffin cups.
- Continue to reroll and cut pastry scraps to make a total of 15-18 tart shells.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, and fill each shell with about a tbsp of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400F for 25 minutes or until top is set when lightly tapped.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Very bland & salty. Would not make them again.