Recipe by CandyTX
I got this from a recipe tree email. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it's up there on my appetizers to try list!
Top Review by Ameliahead
I actually got this recipe from the Food Network website and have made it a few times. I love it and so does everyone else! I will probably be making these again for one of the upcoming holidays.
- 1 lb mushroom
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 cup coursely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stemps from mushrooms and chop stems.
- Melt butter.
- With a pastry brush, gently brush mushroom caps all over with some melted butter.
- Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, on a large baking sheet.
- Lightly toast walnuts and finely chop.
- Finely chopped parsley.
- Saute onion with chopped stems in remaining butter over modestly high heat until mixture is softened.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Divide mixture among caps, mounding it slightly.
- Mushrooms may be stuffed 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bake mushrooms in middle of oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.