Top Review by KelBel
Had this for dinner tonight with tater tots and salad. A fun way to heat a hotdog. I didn't turn the hotdogs because I didn't want the cheese to fall out. I used reduced fat hot dogs and reduced fat crackerbarrel cheddar cheese.
- 12 frankfurters, Deli Style
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Prepared
- 3⁄4 lb medium sharp cheddar
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 hot dog buns, Buttered & Toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Slit the frankfurters almost through lengthwise.
- Mix the pickle relish and prepared mustard together.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into 12 4 1/2 by 1/2-inch strips.
- Put one strip of cheddar cheese and about 2 tsps of the relish mixture into each frankfurter and set aside.
- Panbroil the bacon until partially cooked and still limp and drain.
- Starting at one end, securing the bacon with a wooden pick, wrap each frankfurter and secure the other end with a wooden pick also.
- Set the oven temperature to broil and arrange the bacon wrapped frankfurters on the broiler rack with the tops 3-inches below the heat source and broil until the bacon in cooked, turning once.
- Serve hot in the buns.