Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe online. I was desperately looking for a recipe like this because I am only on my 3rd day of the South Beach Diet and I am already getting tired of the salads!!!
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- Prepare the broiler. Combine the first 8 ingredients. stir half of the mixture into beef and combine well. Divide into 8 equal patties and place 1 piece of cheese on 4 of them. Top with remaining patties; pinching edges to seal. Broil, turning once, until cooked trough, brushing remaining saucee over burgers during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Enjoy! No bun necessary.
These were very good. They are flavorful and juicy. I want to add some crispy bacon with the cheddar next time.
This is the BEST recipe for burgers! I didn't stuff them with cheese, but just made them as they were. I've made this about 20 times and it's always sooooo good and quick and easy to make. I've made it with ground turkey and it's just as good. Thanks for posting!
My husband and I LOVED these spicy burgers. I used sharp cheddar cheese instead and grilled them on the George Foreman. No condiments needed with these flavorful burgers!