Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Chile Pepper magazine
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 extra-sharp cheddar cheese cubes (1-inch each)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper (I used about 1/2 that amount)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (thin slices)
- Combine ground meats in a large bowl.
- Season with Worcestershire, dry mustard, 2 tsp salt and mix until combined.
- Divide the meat into 6 equal portions and gently shape into a patty around a cube of cheese. Brush the patties all over with olive oil and make an imprint in the center of each patty with your thumb.
- Spread the pepper on a shallow plate and roll the edge of each burger in the pepper until coated.
- Preheat grill. Place burger on the cooking grate over direct medium heat.
- Cover and grill for 4 minutes. Turn and continue grilling for 3 to 4 more minutes for medium rare burgers.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheddar.
- Butter both sides of buns and grill over direct medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Serve burgers on rolls with desired toppings.
Great flavor without adding any toppings! However, this would be entirely fabulous with BBQ sauce and bacon...the best BBQ, bacon cheddar burger ever!