Recipe by cinnamon bun
Moist and delicious. The cheese is a pleasant addition to this coffeecake, it nicely breaks the sweetness.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chilled butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together; flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender cut butter in finely, stir in cheese.
- Beat egg well, stir in milk and vanilla. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Spread half batter into greased 8" (2L) square cake pan, top with half of streusal topping. Repeat layering. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.