1/1 Photo of Cheddar Straws
A staple to have around the house. My friends and family say they are good enough to eat alone, excellent with dip as an appetizer, or used to accompany a bowl of soup or stew. Generally they evaporate or disappear before everyone ever gets their fill of them. We like extra sharp cheddar the best. We've tried Colby, Monterey Jack, and Swiss with good results as well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Combine flour and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Combine cheese and butter in food processor/ mixer until smooth.
- 4Add flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- 5Make straws using a cookie press or roll doungh to 1/8 inch and cut into small strips.
- 6Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Straws
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g