Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I really enjoyed this recipe. It's like a big baking powder biscuit with tasty additions. I'd bet the batter would make good drop biscuits, too. As long as you mince the onions small enough, they soften while baking. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, Chopped
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients, then cut the butter into the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the cheddar, onion, and pimento, mixing well.
- Add the milk, mixing until just moistened.
- Spread the dough in a 9-inch square baking pan and bake at 450 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares.
- Serve warm.