Recipe by Bec
From Vegetarian Times, September 2002. This is great served on crackers, wheat or rye bread, pitas, and bagels. It is also good for making a veggie wrap by spreading it on a tortilla, topping with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sprouts, and rolling it all up. Prepare 24 hours in advance and refrigerate. Serves 6.
Top Review by Margie99
We liked this. I made it to go with crackers and fresh veggies. I liked the chopped roasted red peppers instead of pimentos. I could taste the mustard last night when I made it but I couldn't taste it when I spread it on a bagel this morning. It was definately better the next day. Thanks for posting, yum.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 -5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)