Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick & easy, last minute appetizer. Adapted from a recipe I found in one of last year's editions of 'Taste of Home'.
- 3⁄4 lb peeled deveined, cooked shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Mexican blend, already shredded)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 48 tortilla chips, scoops
- Combine the shrimp, cheese, chilies, onions and olives. Combine the mayo and cumin; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Place about a tablespoon of the shrimp mixture into each tortilla scoop and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
These work on regular tortilla chips as well; simply sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top after placing the shrimp mixture on each chip. Served with cocktail sauce for dipping - tasty!
These are fabulous! I took these to a Christmas party and they were the first thing to go. I followed the recipe to the letter and the only thing I would change next time is to use a little less filling in each scoop. I had them mounded up, but think they might actually taste better with less filling so you get a little more "crunch" factor with every bite. This is a great recipe and I especially love that it is so quick to make. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for posting!
Perfect! The recipe didn't say to chop the shrimp, but we did, into about 3 pieces per shrimp. It was SO delicious! The kids loved them too.