Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick & easy, last minute appetizer. Adapted from a recipe I found in one of last year's editions of 'Taste of Home'.
- 3⁄4 lb peeled deveined, cooked shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Mexican blend, already shredded)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 48 tortilla chips, scoops
- Combine the shrimp, cheese, chilies, onions and olives. Combine the mayo and cumin; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Place about a tablespoon of the shrimp mixture into each tortilla scoop and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
These work on regular tortilla chips as well; simply sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top after placing the shrimp mixture on each chip. Served with cocktail sauce for dipping - tasty!
These were very tasty and elegant looking. I made these just as directed, using frozen bay shrimp that I defrosted and patted dry with a paper towel before using. I did not skimp on filling the scoops, but I found that this made more than 48 servings; probably about 72 total.
Delicious and ultra easy! I put together Step 1 several hours ahead of time. Then I assembled just enough for the two of us and plan on assembling the rest for other evenings-which is working out great for the two of us. I made this based on Chef#174096' recommendation for the Top Favorites of 2008 Game and am glad I did! I had a 5 ounce container of shrimp so I plugged in 20 servings. I omitted the olives but otherwise made as posted. I can hardly taste the green chiles. Thanks Hey Jude for sharing!