1/4 Photos of Cheddar Shortbread Bites
A recipe I foun in my Land O Lakes Cookbook. These flaky, cheesy bites are easy to make and store well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Combine flour, butter, salt and red pepper in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until dough forms. Add cheese; mix until a ball forms. Shape dough into circle; wrap in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. (It will be hard to roll at first, but will soften. Press together any cracks that form on edges of dough.) Cut dough with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutters or pizza cutter into desired shapes. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3Beat egg white and water together in small bowl. Brush cut-outs with egg wash; sprinkle with seeds.
- 4Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges. Immediately loosen from pan; let cool on pan.
- 5Recipe Tip
- 6Shortbread can be topped with a variety of other ingredients such as chili powder, seasoned salt, fennel seed or herbs.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Shortbread Bites
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 573.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g