Recipe by TxGriffLover
From the Italian Inn cookbook. These rich savory shortbread cookies are delicious with soups or salads.
- 1 cup lightly-salted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- poppy seeds (optional) or sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter two baking sheets. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat butter with the cheese until smooth. Beat in seasonings, then flour.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead for a minute or two until blended.
- Roll out dough to 1/2" thick, cut with cookie cutter. Sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake until edges are light brown, about 7 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.