Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think you'll really enjoy the combination of flavors in these deliciously light scones!
Make and share this Cheddar Scones With Dill recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the flour, cheese, parsley, dill, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the cold butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Add eggs and half-n-half and stir lightly until just moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough gently until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each half into an 8-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges, as if cutting a pie.
- Place the wedges 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack for 2 minutes before serving.
MMMMM. Jen, these are TDF! Really buttery, but oh, so delicious! Made for St. Patrick's Day 2008.
I have used this same recipe from the Land O Lakes Cookbook. I used 2 tsp. dried dill weed instead of the fresh but I am sure the fresh would be lovely. It really is a very good recipe and well worth trying! So glad you posted it.