Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I enjoy potatoes and this is one easy recipe to make. I found the recipe on the back of a Campbell's soup can. Don't let the potatoes cook too long. Enjoy :)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup, Campbell's
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In large skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons margarine.
- Cook onion in margarine until tender.
- Stir in broccoli cheese soup, milk, potatoes and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cooked crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Well, I didn't have broccoli cheese soup so I used Nacho cheese soup. I a little over did the potatoes in the microwave 19 min for 2 large potatoes. Instead of using bacon slices I used bacon bits it was really great! The nacho cheese made it creamy and cheese with a kick.
I made this recipe on 6/21/08 as part of mine and SO's dinner. I did however cheat a little with this,I was lazy and used a couple of small cans of whole pototates that I drained and cut into slices.But other than that I followed the recipe exactly. This made a side dish that was easy to make and even easier to eat. This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
Very Good!! It makes my favorites file. Thanks for posting